There has been a growing realization of the need of a women institution to quench the educational thirst of woman folk of Pundri and the surrounding rural areas. This dream was ultimately fulfilled in 1984 when the efforts of late Ch. Ishwar Singh Ji and cooperation of the local residents of Fatehpur-Pundri and the surrounding areas fructified into a promising institution then named Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Fatehpur-Pundri. After the death of Ch. Ishwar Singh, the college was renamed as CH. ISHWAR SINGH KANYA MAHAVIDYALAYA.
• Awareness, emancipation & empowerment of women especially rural women.
• To impart value oriented knowledge at nominal charges.
• To enable students explore and realise their hidden potential.
• To impart quality education that empowers the girls to have a place in the modern & competitive society with diverse challenges.
• To continuously upgrade the technical facilities and faculty at par with the best institutions in the state to make it one of the best
. • To bring best available technology & teaching practices to students.
• To create an environment where all stakeholders work in harmony.
• To facilitate, maintain, improve & update teaching environment/practices.
• To offer educational services both general and professional to shape their lives & careers.
• To advance knowledge for holistic growth of students through curricular and co-curricular activities.
• To create a conducive environment that attracts most intellectual & competent staff & learning oriented students.
The motto of the college, which encapsulates our vision, mission & goal is, Sharadha (Devotion), Gyan (Knowledge) and Karma (Action) which are three time tested virtues required for the all round development of personality. The college commits to make each & every student a living example of these virtues.
The vision, mission and goals of the college are incorporated in the college 'Prospectus' to be communicated to the stakeholders. The Management & Principal convey the same to the students at the 'Hawan Ceremony' held on the commencement of the session. The faculty imbibes the values of 'Sharadha', 'Gyan' and 'Karma' which are transmitted to the students through academic and personal interactions at the campus. In addition, the vision and mission are also displayed at the various places in the campus.
CAMPUS Pundri is a small town, known for religious and historical reasons. It is situated at Karnal-Kaithal Highway. The location of Ch. Ishwar Singh Kanya Mahavidyalaya is in the heart of the city. The college is affiliated to Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra. The college imparts education at the undergraduate level in Arts, Commerce, Science and Computer Applications and post-graduate level in English, History & Commerce. The college is also running one vocational course in Early Childhood Care and Education, one Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications and three career oriented courses in Functional English, Dress Designing and Tourism. This institution started with merely 75 girls but with the overwhelming response over the years, the 5 strength has risen to 1750. Since its inception we have made rapid strides in every sphere and presently caters not only to the needs of Fatehpur-Pundri but also to that of surrounding villages.
The campus of the college sprawls over eight acres of land and is a quiet and ideal place for academic work requiring concentration of mind. Some of the highlights of the institutional infrastructure are its magnificent, modern well equipped double storey building with lush green lawns, beautiful gardens and vast playgrounds, Home Science laboratory with modern architecture and facilities, Computerized Library, Two Smart Rooms, 2 Computer Laboratory with latest computers, Music Department with a handsome collection of various musical instruments, Functional English Lab., Yoga Hall cum Gymnasium with adequate fitness equipment, Child Care Centre (under vocational scheme of UGC), women cell, legal cell, girls' hostel, first-aid room, indoor game facilities, audio-visual aids for teaching, seminar hall, guest house, canteen, vehicle parking facilities, fleet of buses, a bank and ATM facility on the college campus itself. A women hostel funded by UGC to the tune of Rs. 79.9 lakhs is recently constructed. Looking at the strength of the college, the UGC alone has sanctioned grants amounting to Rs. 2 crores approximately.